Thursday, July 10, 2014

For Us Oldies.... by Cheryl Wright

As they say, it's a bitch getting old.

But what can you do? For me it's learning to live with my limitations, while at the same time, trying to keep feeling young. (Yeah, right. With three teenagers living in the same house!)

It has recently dawned on me that I'm slowly nudging toward the big six oh. Not something I'm looking forward to, but at least its a couple of years off yet.

Still, I find more and more when I'm making cards that some of the images remind me of my lost youth.  So I was quite pleased to learn there's a stamp company whose images depict those of, shall we say, ahem, later years.

I was quite shocked to discover they've been around for almost 27 years, but I only learned of them just a few weeks ago. Yikes!

Immediately I ordered two of their fun sets, and below is my first attempt at the set I've received so far.








(For those inquisitive minds, the company is Art Impressions, and this particular set is called Party Girls - from the 'girlfriends' range.)

It's probably wishful thinking, but I like to think this will be me and some of my friends in a few years time.  Still having fun, still enjoying life to the full.

(I'll be the one with the blower, annoying the heck out of everyone else!)

I had a lot of fun coloring this image using Copic markers (which are a craft/artist product), despite it taking around forty minutes. I find the coloring process very relaxing, so it's totally worthwhile.

Hopefully, by the time I blog next month, my second set will have arrived. It has a lot more coloring to be done, but I'm certain the result will be worth the time spent.

Til next time,













p.s.  I have a giveaway running at the moment. Go here to check out the gorgeous custom-made keychain you could win. There's also a custom-made necklace up for grabs!

Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

Make sure you join my Facebook page as I run regular giveaways for followers!



Post a Comment

Ghosts and memories—Tricia McGill

Check out my Books We Love author page for information on all my books.  This little story I wrote years ago is one of my favorites, fo...