Sunday, August 10, 2014

Get the Fire Extinguisher! - by Cheryl Wright

Oh my. I do love a fun card. And these Girlfriends cards by Art Impressions literally take the cake!

I've seen a few versions of other people's interpretation of this stamp set, appropriately called Giant Cake, and I might have to, ahem, borrow, some of their ideas.

Here's my version:



These cards are absolutely perfect for my age group, and are just so much fun, albeit a little fiddly to color!

I've lashed out, and have ordered two more sets from the Girlfriends range, which should arrive in the next couple of weeks. (They are extremely difficult to buy in Australia, so I have no choice but to buy them from the US.)  I absolutely adore these stamps, and I'm having an absolute ball with them.

It's wonderful to see what other cardmakers have done with these cards, and I spend quite a bit of time - way more than I'd like - on Pinterest seeking them out.

 Since my last post, I've made another card with the Party Girls set. I added some blue hair this time, as it reminded me of the older ladies I knew in my youth. Blue hair was very popular back them, for ladies 'of distinction'.




Thanks for stopping by. Til next time,















Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

Make sure you join my Facebook page as I run regular giveaways for followers!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,
    The blue hair bit took me down memory lane. I had an aunt who always used the blue rinse in her hair, looked really great on her, but on some women it was hideous. Nice post.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Margaret. Blue hair was everywhere when I was a kid, but you don't see it so much these days.

    When I look back, I can now see how weird it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, what amazing cards. So vibrant and celebrating the joy of life and partying with friends. You are amazing.
    Hugs
    Elvina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by, Elvina. I am pretty sure you'll love the next set that are coming - they remind me a lot of our MRWG retreats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to join that group of chunkier, older, yet fabulous ladies! Loved the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Just because we're getting older, doesn't mean we can't have fun!!!

      Delete
  6. What a fun post. I love these creative cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tia! Cardmaking is my hobby, so I thought it would be fun to share!

      Delete
  7. I remember the blue-haired ladies, too, Cheryl. I always wondered why they'd want their hair blue. Cute column.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, Sandy, the blue haired phase seems to have gone. Now we have ladies with bright pink hair!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Running behind with viewing blog posts this week and it's only Tuesday. Did enjoy the blue-haired ladies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Janet. These stamp sets are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cheryl! Love the blue hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I missed this before, Rita. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive