Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Missing You by Cheryl Wright

You may already be aware I make greeting cards as a hobby.

You may also know I make and donate cards to some community groups. One of those groups is Combat Cards Victoria, which is similar in nature to Operation Write Home (OWH).

Community members make cards that are then sent to our military personnel overseas, which are then used by individual military members to send back to their families. It's a very small way of saying thank you to our troops, and helps them keep in touch with those who mean a lot to them.

I make a variety of cards to send, but particularly birthday: kids, female, and male. I have recently begun making "Miss You" cards, which are very popular, and much sought after.

I recently bought a new embossing folder from Stampin' Up! which fits perfectly for this line of cards.  (It's a brand-new folder, and totally gorgeous!)






This was an extremely quick and easy card to make, but I believe, very effective. (The individual heart was cut from a strip of discarded hearts.)

I will be making a variety of these cards to send, because I know how much they will mean to the recipients.

In addition to the above solid colour card, I tried the 'shaving cream' technique for the first time ever, and made the following card using the results. (If you would like to learn more about this technique, go here.)


Thanks for looking!

Til next time,
















Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

8 comments:

  1. Cheryl, the cards look great, but all your cards are so pretty. You make it sound so easy, but I am sure if I tried for 100 years I wouldn't be able to make one. It is a very patriotic gesture sending them to the soldiers.

    Cheers

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Once you know how, they really are easy to do.

      Our soldiers sacrifice a lot to keep us all safe, so making cards for them to send home to their families is the least I can do.

      Delete
  2. Cheryl, Kudos to you for doing this. The cards are marvelous. Good luck with your books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, I love your cards. You're providing a wonderful service for which you'll be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydell. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to do this. Previously I made cards - lots of cards - and they just sat in the drawer. Now they have a purpose.

      Which is as it should be.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards and a beautiful idea. It's always a pleasure to receive a hand made card and would mean so much to the loved ones left at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia. Sending cards to soldiers has been going on for many years in the US. Not so much in Australia - only a few years, as I understand it.

      Delete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive