Sunday, July 10, 2016

Books We Love's Tantalizing Talent ~ Author Mikki Sadil



Hello, I’m Mikki Sadil. I was born on a Quarter Horse ranch out in the middle of Nowhere, Texas. I grew up with horses, but also in a military family, where moving from post to post was a normal part of life. Consequently, I lived in many states, and in three foreign countries before the age of 12, when my father was finally posted for the last time, and we landed in Los Angeles, California. I’ve been writing most of my life, but not really for publishing until a few years ago. In the meantime, I taught Sociology courses at a university in Southern California, became an exhibited artist, and for 23 years, bred, raised, and trained Appaloosa horses for the show ring, along with my husband. When we retired from horse breeding and training, we moved to the Central Coast of California. Now I live here with my awesome husband, our “smartest” and “most beautiful” in all the world Corgi, Dylan, our lazy Siamese/Himalayan cat, Beaujangles, and a beautiful but unfriendly (!) Cockatiel, Riley.





I write books for kids and teens. Someone asked me one day why I write for kids, when writing for adults is more lucrative. In a way, that’s a hard question. Writing for kids, those from ages 11 or 12 to teens about 16, is not an easy thing to do. Adults pick up a book, read a couple of chapters and then decide if it is something they like and are going to finish. Kids pick up a book, read the first page, and either love the book or hide it under the covers because Mom will be ticked off if they don’t finish it! So why do I write for “picky” readers? Because I love it. Because I want to challenge young people to read, to get away from the video games that consume so many of them with their violence and foul language, and find fun and entertainment within the pages of a book. I don’t “write down” to the younger kids, the 10, 11, 12 year olds. I write for them in the same way I write for older teens…I challenge them to comprehend the words that make up a story that takes them away from the everyday life of school, TV, and video games. I write for kids because I want them to know, understand, and appreciate the history of our country. I want them to visualize themselves in the same kinds of situations my characters are always in, and realize that their imagination can take them to places they have never been, or even thought about. I write for kids because I want to share with them the magic that’s in my heart and mind, and I want them to find that same magic in the pages of my books. I want them to see and experience all of the other worlds that imagination can take them to.





Amazon
The Freedom Thief  When thirteen year old Ben McKenna finds out his father is going to sell Ben’s best friend, a crippled slave boy, he knows the only way to save Joshua is to arrange an escape for him and his slave parents. With this accomplished, Ben and his friends embark on a journey into a world of danger, desperation, and deception that Ben knew nothing about, in order to find the Ohio River and the freedom for Joshua and his parents that lay beyond.



Amazon
Lily Leticia Langford and the Book of Practical Magic   What do an eleven year old girl, an IQ of 160, and a book of Magic have in common? Absolutely nothing…unless your name is Lily Leticia Langford. Lily Leticia has an IQ of 160, and is in high school. The other freshman girls won’t have anything to do with her, because, after all, she belongs in elementary school. Girls her age won’t have anything to do with her, because after all, she’s in high school. She thinks she can solve everyone’s problems, whether they want her to or not. Consequently, Trouble seems to follow her around like a puppy dog. But when she finds a book of Ancient Magic, Lily Leticia’s Troubles have just begun.



Night Cries: Beneath the Possum Belly, book one   Sixteen
Amazon
year old Gabriela Gaudet is just learning about all of her psychic powers. For weeks, the voices of three little girls who had been murdered five years ago, have been begging her to find their killer. When her parents’ traveling carnival comes to the children’s small town, and breaks down, Gabriela knows this is the town that covered up the children’s murder, and she sets out to find this killer. Along the way, she meets Remi, the young man, also psychic, who is determined to help her. A web of evil surrounds this town, a web that includes gargoyles and witches, and one that threatens to draw Gabriela into its sticky strands. Will her powers be enough to fight off this malevolence, or will the town win again? The Possum Belly waits.



You can find these and my other books at:  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive