Friday, October 2, 2026

A life well lived – highlights and hiccups by donalee Moulton

 


 


                                                                ORDER HERE

I was recently asked about life’s pleasures as a writer, and otherwise. I thought I’d share some of my likes and dislikes with you. Would love to hear your answers.

 

Things you never want to run out of: Chocolate, sweat pants, downward dogs

Things you wish you’d never bought: White chocolate, stilettos, a gym membership

 

Hardest thing about being a writer: Writing
Easiest thing about being a writer: Talking about writing with other writers

Favorite foods: Miso chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, baked gnocchi

Things that make you want to gag: Snails (even if you call it “escargot”), lima beans, coconut

 



Favorite music or song: I like music I can move to or with lyrics that move me

Music that drives you crazy: Opera (sadly)

 

Last best thing you ate: Cider doughnuts
Last thing you regret eating: Some waxy wrap thing with shredded carrots

 

The last thing you ordered online: A protective cover for my phone

The last thing you regret buying: A wool winter coat that’s itchy to look at and itchy to wear

 

Things you always put in your books: Humor
Things you never put in your books: Blood, guts, gore (at least so far)

 

Favorite places you’ve been: Sable Island, Thailand, Sweden
Places you never want to go to again: Yoga retreats with yurts

 

Favorite books (or genre): Charlotte’s Web, Where the Crawdad’s Sing, The Marriages Between Zones Three, Four, and Five

Books you wouldn’t buy: Horror

 

Best thing you’ve ever done: Written books and stories and poems and articles
Biggest mistake: Going to the opera ties with joining a gym

 

The nicest thing a reader said to you: One reader posted a picture of themselves lounging in the sun reading Hung Out to Die. They captioned it “Perfect afternoon.”

The craziest thing a reader said to you: Some readers see sexual tension between two characters in Hung Out to Die. I just don’t see it.

 

Some real-life story that made it to one of your books: I can get up off the floor without using my hands. So can one of my characters.

Something in your story that readers think is about you, but it’s not: Love of coffee. I don’t drink caffeine.

 



1 comment:

  1. Great getting to know you bit. We have a few likes and dislikes in common but I think most writers do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now live if we don't have a lot of spam they'll stay live, if we do they'll close again so spammers don't waste our time or yours

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive