Friday, June 15, 2012
Thanks Michelle for the gorgeous new covers for my Kelly McWinter PI series. Looking at Jimmy on these covers definitely helps keep me inspired to get Deadly Consequences, book three, coming in August/September finished.
Writing a series can be inspiring and fun, but there are some pitfalls. It's so easy to fall into forget that your reader doesn't necessarily know all about that fantastic new nightclub you described so vividly in book one. Oh yes, and the reader doesn't know that your heroine absolutely cannot stand pink, or that your hero is allergic to shellfish. Oh yes, lots and lots of easy little traps to fall into.
Of course, as with all writing, there is always the temptation to go do something else -- like me -- over here visiting on the Blog instead of writing. Sigh! Nice to chat with all of you, but if we're ever going to see Book 3, I guess I'd better put my nose back to the grindstone. Enjoy Kelly McWinter - a/k/a Jimmy Thomas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As most experienced authors will tell you, their characters become old friends and much of the book is nothing more than recording their c...
-
To order your copy of this award-winning series, click on this link: https://www.bookswelove.com/shop/series/the-twisted-climb I'm pre...
-
https://books2read.com/b/Jillian-of-Banff Barnes and Noble Amazon September means seven. I know. I hear you. It’s the ninth month. B...
-
Please click this link for author and book information One thing I like about writing short stories is the chance to explore genres and ch...
-
We all know about black cats and their associations with “witches” and bad luck if one happens to cross your path. But what about bla...
-
A common belief in most of Asia is that of reincarnation. After we die, the eternal soul reincarnates into another body. Some believe in m...
-
When did you decide to become a writer? It's a question I am asked at every book signing and speaking engagement. Becoming a writer was ...
-
Azura Chronicles series, Byzantium series, Blue Phantom series, different takes on the Azura Universe amazon - B&N - Smashwords back l...
-
By Jamie Hill "And they all lived happily ever after." I totally concur. I'm a nut for Disney movies, Hallmark movies, L...



Jude you are very welcome. Glad we could update these to the way the series has twisted and turned. : ) Always nice to see the evolution of a series.
ReplyDeleteJude, Of course I'm waiting for the new story. Covers are great.
ReplyDeleteHi Jude,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous covers. I think it must be incredibly hard to write a series of books.
Cheers
Margaret