Monday, March 3, 2014

Interview with Tyler Bishop from Ellie's Legacy

Interviewer:
We’re very pleased to have Tyler Bishop with us today.  Mr. Bishop is the hero in
 Ginger’s Simpson’s western historical romance, Ellie's Legacy.  So, Mr. Bishop, 
welcome to BWL Author's Blog.

TB – “Ty, please.  Mr. Bishop was my father.  And thanks for the welcome,
 but I’m here under duress.”

INT  - “Really.”

TB –“I have things waiting to be done.  Cows need to be moved to another pasture,
fences need mendin’ and the longer I dawdle, the more I stand to lose favor with 
my boss, Ben.”

Int – “Ben?  Would that be Ben Fountain, father of the heroine, Ellie Fountain?”

TB – “Yep, that’d be right.  There’s another reason I need to get movin’…Ellie.  
For some reason, that little filly is out to get me.  Seems every time I chew the fat with her pa,
she gets her nose out of joint. I never met someone so… so…what’s the word I’m looking for. 
You know, someone who wants to prove they can do everything better than the next feller?”

INT – “Oh, you mean competitive.”

TB – “That’s her in a nutshell.  Just wait till you read the story.  She even went out, 
bought a gun and learned to shoot.  She’s says it’s because of the polecats next door, 
threatening to trespass on Ben’s and, but I say different.”

INT – “Really?  Why do you think she bought the gun?”

TB – “To try to show me up.  She already thinks she can ride and rope as good as any man, 
and lord knows, she could stand to dress up a bit.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell there’s a girl under
 that big ol’ hat and the layer of dust.”

INT – “Does she always dress in men’s clothing?”

TB – “Well she did until I invited her to a dance.  Ben sort of pushed me into it, 
but down deep I wanted to go with her.  She looked mighty pretty, all fancied up, but instead
 of the evening turnin’ out like I planned, she went and got herself in trouble again.  
She should have listened to me about those pesky Bryant boys.”

INT – “What kind of trouble did she get into?”

TB – “I may be greener than most folks you know, but I ain’t about to divulge Ginger’s
 whole story.  Ellie is a real tomboy, and she stays madder than a wet hen at me most times,
 but I’ll just say, I think she finally realizes there are just times a woman can’t match a man’s strength.”

INT – “Well it sounds like I’ll have to buy my own copy if I want to see how this turns out.”

TB – “You’re right welcome to visit Amazon.com.  That’s where Ellie and my story is being sold. 
I’m not real savvy when it comes to the Internet, but I wrote this down.  *fishes in pocket*.  Let’s see, http://www.amazon.com/author/gingersimpson.   Ain’t got no idea how you get there, but Ginger said to
 hare the name with ya’ll.  I thank you for the time, but I best get going.  
I fear Ellie's Legacy is going to change my life.

INT – “Thank you, Ty, and please visit us again.”

1 comment:

  1. He sounds downright cute :-) And such a nice guy to give up his time for an interview. I thought he handled himself well by not giving away any spoilers. Now I'm going to have to read this book.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive