It was recently a crafting friend's birthday, and knowing she shares my love of cards that are vintage and/or shabby chic, I got to work.
Shabby Chic, in particular, is generally based around pastel colors such as pink, blue, mint, and soft lemon or lavender. It often includes flowers, pearls or rhinestones, ribbons, and generally contains some distressing. (Distressing is the art of making something look old, even though it's new.)
Go to this link on Pinterest for a great example of shabby chic.
I just adore this style of cardmaking, and use it a lot.
Taking into consideration my friend's style preferences, this is the card I made for her.
My friend loved her card, as I knew she would (simply because of the style).
Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to join my Facebook page. I have a giveaway running at the moment, and I'd love for you to enter.
This month's prize is a print copy of Don't Tell, Don't Die plus a custom-made keychain.
Til next time,
Links:
My website: www.cheryl-wright.com
Blog: www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor
Monday, November 10, 2014
Shabby Chic Birthday Card by Cheryl Wright
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As most experienced authors will tell you, their characters become old friends and much of the book is nothing more than recording their c...
-
https://books2read.com/b/Jillian-of-Banff Barnes and Noble Amazon September means seven. I know. I hear you. It’s the ninth month. B...
-
To order your copy of this award-winning series, click on this link: https://www.bookswelove.com/shop/series/the-twisted-climb I'm pre...
-
People, at least most I know with, don't realize how much goes into being a e-published author. My family thinks the time I spend ...
-
Please click this link for author and book information One thing I like about writing short stories is the chance to explore genres and ch...
-
We all know about black cats and their associations with “witches” and bad luck if one happens to cross your path. But what about bla...
-
A common belief in most of Asia is that of reincarnation. After we die, the eternal soul reincarnates into another body. Some believe in m...
-
When did you decide to become a writer? It's a question I am asked at every book signing and speaking engagement. Becoming a writer was ...
-
Azura Chronicles series, Byzantium series, Blue Phantom series, different takes on the Azura Universe amazon - B&N - Smashwords back l...
-
Recently I saw a wonderful musical from the early fifties, "Showboat." Whenever I mention this movie to a friend, I invar...

The card looks beautiful, but all the cards you make are so lovely. I have three of them sitting on my sideboard.
ReplyDeleteRegards
Margaret.
Thanks Margaret. I really love this one, which is unusual as I'm always so critical of my cards. (We're our own worst critics for sure!)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. I especially love the flowers. I wish you would have expanded a bit and told us how you made it.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Roseanne. I do have some brief details on my cardmaking blog, but not a lot. You can check it out here:
Deletehttp://ideasforcardmaking.net/happy-birthday-friend/
what a lovely thing to do
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Claire. Cardmaking is my hobby, and it's the way I relax.
DeleteYour card is beautiful though I'm not a card person.
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet. I appreciate you stopping by.
Delete