Thursday, January 15, 2015

Favorite Covers Challenge

To start off the new year, I decided to do something a little different with my post - I issued a challenge to the BWL authors.  The rules are really very simple - and I am looking forward to seeing the results.

1. Authors are to post a BWL cover that is one of their favorites that is NOT THEIR OWN.  Obviously, they have their favorites among their own covers - but I am curious what they like about some of the other covers.

2. All of the posts today should be labeled as follows - Favorite Cover: book title by author

3. I instructed them to tell us what they like about the cover.  Be creative and descriptive.  "I like it because it is pretty" isn't enough. :)

4. And finally because I don't want repeats - if someone posts their favorite cover before they get a chance to - they are supposed to just respond in the comments section what they like about it.

Now, because turn about it fair play - at the end of the day, I will post five of my favorites and why.

Let the games begin ...


1 comment:

  1. http://amzn.com/B00S3V102K
    My favorite cover by Michelle Lee is that of "Yellow Moon" by Ginger Simpson. Here is the scene and the setting and beautiful Indian maiden whose story we'll definitely want to read. It's period correct and yet mysterious and beautiful, too.

    I'm jealous of this cover. Wish I had one that lovely for one of my own book babies, but it could still happen...

    It was a tough pick, tough, and "The Barbers" by Katherine Pym and Kathy Fischer-Brown's "The Partisan's Wife" would be my runners-up!

    Hope this is where I post this...?

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive