To start off the new year, I decided to do something a little different with my post - I issued a challenge to the BWL authors. The rules are really very simple - and I am looking forward to seeing the results.
1. Authors are to post a BWL cover that is one of their favorites that is NOT THEIR OWN. Obviously, they have their favorites among their own covers - but I am curious what they like about some of the other covers.
2. All of the posts today should be labeled as follows - Favorite Cover: book title by author
3. I instructed them to tell us what they like about the cover. Be creative and descriptive. "I like it because it is pretty" isn't enough. :)
4. And finally because I don't want repeats - if someone posts their favorite cover before they get a chance to - they are supposed to just respond in the comments section what they like about it.
Now, because turn about it fair play - at the end of the day, I will post five of my favorites and why.
Let the games begin ...
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Favorite Covers Challenge
Labels:
Cover Art,
Michelle Lee
Born to ride on the back of dragons, to journey among the stars in a ship traveling faster than light, or to dance the night away in the arms of a mysterious vampire, Michelle Houston willingly shares the worlds in her mind in an effort to bring them to life.
Writing everything from short and sweet stories, to hot and spicy tales of kink, from contemporary tales of romance to erotic romances featuring Greek Gods, vampires and were-creatures, she has crossed sexualities and has gone wherever her mental muse has guided her. A journey she has never regretted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As most experienced authors will tell you, their characters become old friends and much of the book is nothing more than recording their c...
-
https://books2read.com/b/Jillian-of-Banff Barnes and Noble Amazon September means seven. I know. I hear you. It’s the ninth month. B...
-
People, at least most I know with, don't realize how much goes into being a e-published author. My family thinks the time I spend ...
-
To order your copy of this award-winning series, click on this link: https://www.bookswelove.com/shop/series/the-twisted-climb I'm pre...
-
Please click this link for author and book information One thing I like about writing short stories is the chance to explore genres and ch...
-
Azura Chronicles series, Byzantium series, Blue Phantom series, different takes on the Azura Universe amazon - B&N - Smashwords back l...
-
We all know about black cats and their associations with “witches” and bad luck if one happens to cross your path. But what about bla...
-
A common belief in most of Asia is that of reincarnation. After we die, the eternal soul reincarnates into another body. Some believe in m...
-
When did you decide to become a writer? It's a question I am asked at every book signing and speaking engagement. Becoming a writer was ...
-
Recently I saw a wonderful musical from the early fifties, "Showboat." Whenever I mention this movie to a friend, I invar...

http://amzn.com/B00S3V102K
ReplyDeleteMy favorite cover by Michelle Lee is that of "Yellow Moon" by Ginger Simpson. Here is the scene and the setting and beautiful Indian maiden whose story we'll definitely want to read. It's period correct and yet mysterious and beautiful, too.
I'm jealous of this cover. Wish I had one that lovely for one of my own book babies, but it could still happen...
It was a tough pick, tough, and "The Barbers" by Katherine Pym and Kathy Fischer-Brown's "The Partisan's Wife" would be my runners-up!
Hope this is where I post this...?