Friday, April 10, 2015

Magical Creatures by Cheryl Wright

CLICK TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON
CLICK TO BUY BOOK

 
All kids love magical and mystical creatures. Even as adults we love them.

I recently discovered (via a cardmaking magazine) a wonderful stamp set called "Critters Ever After" by Lawn Fawn.

Unfortunately it's a couple of years since its release, so it was a little difficult to find in Australia. (Believe me when I say it's difficult to find a lot of craft supplies in Australia, let alone something released two years ago!)

But find it I did, along with the matching die set to cut it out much easier.

I have been playing around with the set, and because I know these will make much loved cards for soldier's children, I've been colouring. It can be quite time consuming to colour these sorts of images, so I've been doing them in snatches of time.


Above is a sheet of images I'm working on at the moment. If I'm feeling stressed, or simply need a short break, I can colour another creature or two.

They don't look much in the above photo, but the finished results can be spectacular. The card below was made for my youngest grandaughter. Her birthday is in June, but I wanted to play around with my new set!



It's hard to see here, but this card is an easel card, also sometimes known as a step-card. Because it has layers, it gives the cards a more 3D look and feel. Unfortunately I can't do these to send to our soldiers because we are asked to send cards with little to no bulk. (Because of them being sent through the mail.)

I hope you've enjoyed this card. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!











Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor 
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/writercheryl
BWL website: http://bookswelove.net/authors/wright-cheryl/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive