Sunday, May 10, 2015
Magical Birthday Wishes by Cheryl Wright
I recently discovered a new technique for colouring backgrounds. It's very quick and easy, and is done using shaving brushes!
To try this technique, I went to my local $2 shop and bought a couple of brushes. The above card was my first attempt, and as you can see, the pink came out a little streaky. I have since come to discover you need a very light hand when doing this technique. Subsequent cards were much better.
This was an extremely quick and simple card to make, and after this one, I ended up making four more. All five will be going to Combat Cards in the very near future.
This card uses the following stamps:
Greeting: Gina K Designs (from a very old set)
Stars: Star Cluster by Lavinia Stamps
Main image: Mushrooms from Stamp-It Australia
I hope you've enjoyed this card. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!
Links:
My website: www.cheryl-wright.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/writercheryl
BWL website: http://bookswelove.net/authors/wright-cheryl/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As most experienced authors will tell you, their characters become old friends and much of the book is nothing more than recording their c...
-
https://books2read.com/b/Jillian-of-Banff Barnes and Noble Amazon September means seven. I know. I hear you. It’s the ninth month. B...
-
To order your copy of this award-winning series, click on this link: https://www.bookswelove.com/shop/series/the-twisted-climb I'm pre...
-
We all know about black cats and their associations with “witches” and bad luck if one happens to cross your path. But what about bla...
-
Please click this link for author and book information One thing I like about writing short stories is the chance to explore genres and ch...
-
A common belief in most of Asia is that of reincarnation. After we die, the eternal soul reincarnates into another body. Some believe in m...
-
Azura Chronicles series, Byzantium series, Blue Phantom series, different takes on the Azura Universe amazon - B&N - Smashwords back l...
-
When did you decide to become a writer? It's a question I am asked at every book signing and speaking engagement. Becoming a writer was ...
-
By Jamie Hill "And they all lived happily ever after." I totally concur. I'm a nut for Disney movies, Hallmark movies, L...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are now live if we don't have a lot of spam they'll stay live, if we do they'll close again so spammers don't waste our time or yours