Thursday, September 10, 2015

Masculine Card by Cheryl Wright



Most card makers I know struggle with making cards for men, and also teenage boys.

I'm pretty sure the problem stems from the fact we can't use all those lovely girly embellishments we use on feminine cards, such as ribbons, sequins, pearls, and glitter.

I can't ever recall a time where I've felt stalled making a girly card, but I certainly have with making masculine cards.

It was recently hubby's birthday, so I had to put my thinking cap on, and get stuck in. Here's what I came up with:







I decided to combine masculine with vintage, which is why I've used a vintage car image. This is from a very old Tim Holtz set - so old I can't remember the name of the set.

The paper is from a Kaisercraft paper pack, which is also old, but only from last year. It's called Garage Days, and I thought the background paper worked well with the image. (I distressed the edges to give it an old feel.)

The silver banner is from the same pack, and the newsprint-looking banner is exactly that - I cut it from a newspaper. If you look closely, I even used text from the car sales section!

The greeting is from Inspired by Stamping, which is an Australian company. I do love their images, and have a lot of their stamp sets. This set is called Masculine Tags.

Where possible, I keep the theme going inside. Here's what I did to with this card:



 I hope you've enjoyed this card. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!

















Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor 
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/writercheryl
BWL website: http://bookswelove.net/authors/wright-cheryl/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive