Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Only in Canada?

Well, yesterday was the US election. 
Wow. Wow. I'm glad I'm Canadian. 

Heather Greenis is the Author of The Natasha Saga

Click for more about the Natasha Saga


  Canadians are known as a very loving, compassionate bunch. I'm a proud Canadian.

  My husband and I were on the way home from town, driving our side road. Normally there isn't a lot of traffic on our road, at least compared to a highway.
  I noticed something on the edge of the road, close to the intersection. At first I thought someone had dumped their garbage. It doesn't happen very often, but it infuriates me. Either way, I don't want to hit it.
 As we approached I watched that object. It wasn't garbage, but a 'Canada Goose'. That intersection happens to have a white line that goes half way across the road. Almost like a crosswalk. This is not the least bit normal for a side road. Anyway, that crazy, or perhaps intelligent goose was standing by the line, looking around.


  "Smart goose," I informed my husband. "Momma and Poppa taught her well. She is looking both ways before crossing the road."
  Not trusting the goose to dart across, my husband stopped the car before he reached the line. Within a minute, cars were at all four points of the intersection. No one moved. All four cars remained still as the people in the vehicles watched the goose. The critter never moved. 
  "This is crazy," my husband informed me. "We could be here all day." He eased off the brake and the car crept forward, ever so slowly as I watched from the passenger window, ensuring the critter remained stationary. 
  "It isn't moving."
 We proceeded to go through the intersection. Watching through the side mirror, apparently the goose decided it was her turn. After all, pedestrians do have the right of way. 

  She slowly worked her way across the road. Keeping an eye on the vehicles, no one moved. Two trucks and a car could easily cross the east/west intersection without harming the little darling, but no one moved. The goose made it across and the traffic resumed as usual.

  
Only in Canada, eh!


The Natasha Saga
  "Empowerment shatters traditions and lives. Greed and pride have devastating consequences. Sacrifices must be made. Written on multiple levels, the saga deals with hope, relationships, and giving, set against a background of conflicting values. Through a series of dreams, modern day couple Keeghan and William follow the triumphs and tragedies of multiple generations of the Donovan family. A chance encounter changes Natasha’s life, forever. In her diary, Natasha writes of her dream, and her hope to escape a horrid dictated future. Will Natasha's legacy survive an uncertain future?"







No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive