Friday, February 16, 2018

And winter continues, by J.C. Kavanagh

WINNER Best Young Adult Book 2016, P&E Readers' Poll
I live in rural Ontario and at this time of year, winter seems endless. I don't mind it, though. In previous blogs, I've shared a number of photos from my outdoor adventures because I'm enthralled with the beauty of nature. I just can't get enough of it. Daytime or night time, there's always something new to view and be inspired by. Were you fortunate to see the Super 'Blue' moon last month? As you might know, the 'Blue' moon term denotes a rare event. Most people think it refers to a second full moon occurring in the same month. That is true, and this happens every 2.7 years, but the 'Blue moon' reference is a seasonal one, meaning that it is the third full moon in a season with one more full moon still to come. Therefore, four full moons within a season of three months.

My awesome new camera (Christmas present from my partner, Ian) was my photo-partner in capturing this beautiful event at home last month.





I admit I'm fascinated by the moon - there's something about the ghostly orb that draws my attention. I'm compelled to study it whenever its pale face rises. My trusty telescope is another appendage I rely on to view its dips and chasms, cracks and crevices. The moon in its fullness is an image I conjure up in the playground of my mind each and every time I write a dream world sequence in my book, The Twisted Climb, and also the sequel, Darkness Descends (coming soon!) It provides backdrop, mood and sensory stimulus. Just imagine being drawn into a moonlit dream world where you have to climb a mountain, with adventures and paranormal activity galore, in order to 'fall' to sleep. Gah!

Enjoy the beauty of nature, wherever you are.



J.C. Kavanagh
The Twisted Climb
BEST Young Adult Book 2016, P&E Readers' Poll
A novel for teens, young adults and adults young at heart
Email: author.j.c.kavanagh@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/J.C.Kavanagh
www.Amazon.com/author/jckavanagh
Twitter @JCKavanagh1 (Author J.C. Kavanagh)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive