Saturday, April 21, 2018

Introducing new BWL Publishing author Bernice Bohnet




http://www.bookswelove.net/authors/bohnet-bernice-historical-fiction/

I feel I have achieved the pinnacle of success because my novel is being published. I’ve fallen in love with this form of writing. Novels require the use of virtually every facet of the brain; imagination, organization and verbal fluency. 

I never planned to deliberately write historical fiction. It chose me.  I find the World War 2 era fascinating. There were few people at that time not impacted by the war.  

My protagonist, Anna, initially lives in London, England and suffers a boring job in a munitions factory, deprivation as the result of rationing and the very real experience of danger. “Anna clutched her heart. Air raid sirens railed. Would she have time to get to the tube? A loud, terrifying buzz filled the air. Dear Lord, it must be one of the vicious German V1 bombs that were as frightening as they were deadly.”

When she comes to Canada, she isn’t accepted by the fanatical in-laws she is forced to live with. “Repent, Anna, repent or you will go to a fiery hell. First, it will be your feet, then your legs; finally your whole body and it will never end. You will burn for all eternity.”

Anna’s husband, Daniel, also suffers. His experiences in Normandy leave him with nightmares and frightening flashbacks. Even farm work brought back the war. “The crash and clang of the hail striking the metal became the sounds of the anti-tank shells bombarding his Firefly. “

In a separate flashback, “The beach was filled with brains and guts and blood, men screaming and crying.” Daniel is a good person under monumental stress. The novel begs the question, “Is war ever justified?”
Despite all this, Anna and Daniel share a great, consuming love. They are very happy in each other’s company.

I hope my readers will enjoy Till the Wind Blows Silent as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Bernice Bohnet


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive