Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Just An Old Soul





To buy This book



Just An Old Soul

Do you know how often I’ve spooked people by stealing their thoughts? Where the very sentence forming in their minds comes out of my mouth? (My wife's, in particular). I have often visualized things I wanted and knew where to get them. Perfect example was the candle snuffer. Nobody seemed to stock them but suddenly I just knew to visit our local Value Village. My wife was not convinced. “You could probably wait a thousand years” she says “for something so obscure to be at any Value Village, let alone the one down the road”. Well she had to pick her chin up off the floor when I walked straight up to where it hung on the wall. Yup, I do that a lot, sometimes wondering if I was a magician or a mystic in a former life. Some have called me a shaman.

Former lives? Many of us believe in past lives. I do. The eerie feeling of seeing a picture, smelling a particular aroma or hearing a certain sound and visions or feelings of being there, done that, sometimes surface. The old déjà vu principle.

While researching my next book, tentatively entitled, "Agnes? Who The Eff Is Agnes?", I again trusted my intuition and walked into the local bookstore, knowing that the first book I touched would be invaluable. 'Past Life Regression' by Ursula Markham, a registered hypno-therapist from London. Some of her experiences have helped many people overcome some severe phobias or attitudes that aren't effective in their lives.

A couple of examples: a fifteen-year-old boy who wouldn't answer any questions was getting picked on by his schoolmate,s calling him stupid and simple, but his school marks showed otherwise. Ursula regressed him to find out that in his last lifetime he claimed to be an American pilot, shot down and captured by the Nazis in the Second World War. He would only give his name, rank and serial number and was killed during interrogation. This explained why the boy wouldn't answer any direct questions. She wrote to the American authorities and found out that pilot was indeed real and listed as missing-in-action at thirty-two years of age during the war. I need to add here that this was in the late sixties, so him finding this information would be impossible with no internet. She helped the boy overcome this fear and make his life better.

Ursula regressed an anorexic woman. In her past lifetime, she'd been a male gangster, who abused women, killed and beat up a lot of people, sold drugs; was a completely evil man. He eventually became a very rich and overweight person, dying of obesity.

Another strange case of a man claiming to dream of being in the navy. When he was regressed, he had accurate knowledge of how English navy ships operated in the 1600's. Information so accurate she recorded them.  This drew the interest of Lord Mountbatten and he played the recordings to naval experts, which reported back that not only was the information accurate, but that some of that knowledge had been lost.

How does one begin to rationalize this? They say we often come back to learn some lesson for our soul’s growth. I believe the soul is eternal and goes through much evolution before it ascends to another place, be that heaven, nirvana or the fourth dimension.  Others claim that the cells retain memory of our past lives or of our human existence. Yup, woo-woo stuff. Now if I could just predict the next set of lottery numbers…

See you next month (which might well be written on the beach in Hawaii!).


Sincerely

Frank Talaber
Email: twosoulmates@shaw.ca
Writer by soul. Words born within.
Karma, the seed. Paper, the medium. 
Pen, the muse. Novels, the fire.

Frank Talaber’s Writing Style? He usually responds with: Mix Dan Millman (Way of The Peaceful Warrior) with Charles De Lint (Moonheart) and throw in a mad scattering of Tom Robbins (Even Cowgirls Get The Blues).
PS: He’s better looking than Stephen King (Carrie, The Stand, It, The Shining) and his romantic stuff will have you gasping quicker than Robert James Waller (Bridges Of Madison County).
Or as is often said: You don’t have to be mad to be a writer, but it sure helps.

My Publishers Webpage:
http://www.bookswelove.com/authors/talaber-frank-paranormal-suspense-romance/

My webpage
http://twosoulmates.wixsite.com/frankt-author-blog

My novels and reviews are on Amazon are at: 
https://www.amazon.com/Frank-Talaber/e/B00UC407R0

My Facebook Published Author's page.
https://www.facebook.com/FrankTalaber/

My Facebook short story page
https://www.facebook.com/franktalaberpublishedauthor/

Twitter: @FrankTalaber




4 comments:

  1. Good post on an interesting topic. I remember seeing a BBC TV program years ago (it was in black and white!) on regression. Four people were regressed, one knowing facts about the massacre of Jews in 12th century York (later verified by information found in the National Archives) another described a French chateau, even down to the pattern on some wallpaper, so well that the researchers were able to locate it. This subject had never been to France, never spoken French but recounted her description in that language. Certainly it gives food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe fully in reincarnation and have had short visions or dreams of past lives. It's quite intriguing, and often wonder why I came to this life. What was I supposed do? As I grow older and this body is disintegrating, I don't see much of anything fantastic. Why would I come here to merely walk an empty path?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes "see" internal health problems, along with other bits of information about people. They don't even have to be physically present. As long as I have their full name, I can generally tune in to them. BTW, my name is Agnes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome article! I don't recall if I've done this but would certainly like to.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive