Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Chuckles by A.M.Westerling



If you’re reading this post on the 25th it means you’ve found a few minutes to yourself to put your feet up and take a small break from the busyness of the day. I’ll be taking it easy and recovering today as we have our Christmas meal and gift opening on Christmas Eve. I’m hosting the family this year so we’ll have twelve around the table. On the menu? Turkey with stuffing, pork loin roast, red cabbage, carrots with chives, festive mushrooms, potatoes and gravy, followed by rice pudding and cherry sauce. The rice pudding is a Danish tradition – if you find the whole almond in your pudding, you win the prized marzipan pig! One year both my daughters in law won. That's my brother, disappointed he was oh so close...




I thought I might share a few of my favourite Christmas chuckles and if you follow my FB fan page, you know I’m a sucker for a good pun. On that note, I’ll sign off. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2020!



Just a comment on the first one – you might have to be a certain age to appreciate it. As a young girl, I remember my father sitting with the string of lights in his lap, unscrewing each bulb and checking them out on his volt meter.






And I absolutely love this one (not sure what it says about my sense of humour...!):





4 comments:

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive