Thursday, April 2, 2020



And here we are in April already. The Coronavirus has kept us locked away for several weeks now. Staying in is not my cup of tea. I'm a people person. I love people, love being around them, talking to them, and really miss them. I especially miss going to church on Sunday and Bible Study on Tuesday. I miss the fellowship of the ladies and studying God's Word. Not that I can't study it at home, I can and I do, but it's not quite the same as sharing with the group, hearing different views and praising God in singing at the end of our study. But we will get through this, and maybe we'll all be better off for it. People are learning what's really important in life. At least I hope they are.
It's a shame so many decided to hoard items - toilet paper of all things - it's not even that kind of virus. Then it was meat and just about everything in the store. I ran in one day and most of the shelves were empty. I couldn't believe it, I actually got the last bag of flour.  Seriously!  Now I understand they're hoarding eggs. Even though we've been told there's plenty of groceries. Yet every day items are flying off the shelves. Oh and don't forget hand sanitizer and alcohol, Clorox Wipes and just about any other cleaning product. Those of us who couldn't get to the stores in the early days were out of luck. Heck, I couldn't even find a loaf of bread yesterday. Barely found one today. And it's not going to get better any time soon. We're shut-in for the month of April.
But enough about people and the virus. As my mother used to say, "This, too, shall pass."
 Time sure has a way of flying by. Easter is just around the corner and before we know it summer will be upon us. That's fine with me. I love summer and hopefully we'll be back to normal by then.
I love all the outdoor activity - cookouts - games - camping.
Well we don't do camping much anymore, Sold our camper when we bought our house, but I really miss it. I know I can borrow one of the kids' tents since they all have campers now. But we're not into tent camping.  Sleeping on the ground isn't for us. Besides, once we get down - no easy feat - getting back up is almost impossible without a solid piece of furniture or something to hold on to.
My son offered us his camper, unfortunately, we don't have a vehicle strong enough to pull it or I'd take it in a heartbeat. Just the right size for us. Although I loved our 36' motor home. But for a weekend camping trip, it would do me just fine.
But there's still plenty of cookouts to enjoy.  Hubby is into smoking meat on the grill and that's always fun, even if it's just the two of us. I look forward to the day we can cookout with our family again.

Entangled MindsStrange, realistic visions and dreams invade Rebecca Brennan’s mind. When she experiences someone’s pain, she’s determined to find out who shares her mind. Her search leads to a small town filled with Victorian homes and interesting people and puts her life in danger.

Review of Entangled Minds:

Hooking a reader on the first page is an important tool for a reader, and Ms. Dowell really pulls you in with Becca’s rude awakening in Entangled Minds. Is she linked to a cop? A civilian? Or a killer? Or is she linked to both the shooting victim and the shooter? You’ll have to read the book to find out, because it’s too good to give away any of the plot, except to say Rebecca searches for the town in which this mystery takes place and finds it full of Victorian homes, quirky people, and plenty of suspects—enough to keep even me guessing until the very end. I really did not have the perpetrator anywhere on my list of suspects! If you’ve read my reviews, you know how difficult I usually am to fool. Brava Ms. Dowell.


1 comment:

  1. Life as we know it has changed. Unfortunately I can see this heading into May and even June

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive