Thursday, September 17, 2020

Crossword Puzzles and Writing

 

Visit Janet's BWL Author page for purchase links to all her books

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

https://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/ 

I’m addicted to doing crossword puzzles. Since I often eat alone, I do the puzzles during lunch and dinner. The crossword puzzles do many things and often force me to think outside the box. This has carried over into writing. I also learn new words and the meanings for other words than what we consider as usual. Several of my books have been aided by finding a word in a puzzle.

 

I found the name for the villain in the Affinities series from a crossword puzzle. I cam across a word I didn’t know and saw the definition meant a kind of weasel. That fit the character of the villain so handily.

 

The crossword puzzle gave me a word to use for what people call a reverse harem. This word came with the definition about a group of male horses. Harras was the word and I thought it suited.

 


So put your brain to work and find a crossword puzzle or two. Who knows what new word or idea you might find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive