Friday, September 25, 2020

The Viking Village of Ribe by A.M.Westerling



My Viking romance A Heart Enslaved is available at your favourite online store HERE.

 *****

A number of years ago, my husband and I were touring Denmark about the time I was thinking of writing a Viking romance. Wouldn’t you know it, but during our travels we came across the Viking village of Ribe, a living museum situated in the south west corner of the Jutland peninsula. We spent a lovely afternoon wandering around the village. It was market day so stalls were set up with merchants selling their wares, including traditional clothing and beautiful woven cloth. 








Traditional crafts were on display as well and I absolutely adored the falcon. 




We wandered around the buildings, clumping along the wooden sidewalks and admiring the gardens surrounded by fences made with woven branches. 



We said goodbye to the three statues guarding the entrance and had one last look of the village as we walked away.




And so ends our little tour of Ribe. I highly recommend visiting this museum if you're ever in Denmark and interested in glimpsing Viking history.

*****


All my books are available through BWL Publishing, HERE. Happy reading! 





4 comments:

  1. What marvelous pictures. So nice to visit a place one might never see in person. Thanks and keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the pictures Janet! That's the beauty of digital cameras, it's easy to take lots of pictures. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are. I have long been fascinated by Viking culture. One of the staff here at the village where I live comes from Iceland and it is a pleasure to hear her speak about the Viking world.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive