Saturday, December 12, 2020

Light the Way


At the end of this strange, dark year, I wish you light. 


I thank everyone who has gifted me with light in 2020…


To the nurse who took the time to tell me how reading my Mercies of the Fallen had eased her out of her work in the middle of a pandemic to enjoy a love story held together by the notes of its hero’s penny whistle…


To my family for sending images of dogs frolicking on the Oregon shore and a baby reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? in sun-kissed California. 



To my community, for flooding an ancestor's mailbox with cards to celebrate her 100th birthday, and for for lighting up our town square in defiance of death itself.











Light a candle. Be the light. We'll get through this, together.




4 comments:

  1. And to the friendship lasting for ages. Miss you. Some day. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too, dear Janet. Thank you for giving me my dear BWL family!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Eileen, for the beacons of light amidst the darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes one to know one, kid! Thanks for all your generous light!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive