Tuesday, February 9, 2021

What do you think when someone mentions Banff, Alberta?


Visit Barbara Baker's BWL Author page here: https://bookswelove.net/baker-barbar/

What do you think when someone mentions Banff, Alberta? Million-dollar views. Rugged mountains. Tourist lined streets. Shopping. Hiking. Skiing. Wildlife. All of the above?

Banff has so much to offer but to me, it’s home. Born and raised in the area, and now living in Calgary, there is no better feeling than heading west on the Trans Canada and having the familiar peaks fill the horizon.

The old adage, write about what you know, takes a big role in my YA novel, Summer of Lies.

Jillian, my protagonist, came to life many years ago on a chairlift ride with my saucy, tenacious teenage niece, Sami. Being avid readers, on the ride up the lifts we would debate plot lines, characters and discuss the types of stories we like to read. Then we'd race down the run. She always won. On one of those rides up the lift, we decided someone needed to tell an outdoor adventure story that takes place in Banff. Since Sami still had school and life to attend to, I said I’d write it. What a process. A lengthy process. But it's now complete.

Summer of Lies, release date February 1, 2021.

Available on Amazon and at https://books2read.com/Summer-of-Lies

Book trailer for Summer of Lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=croxBeIBpUE

 

My contact info: bbaker.write@gmail.com

 










4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your story and your inspiration for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sights. Never been there. Good luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think hot springs in the winter while it snows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home. I am enjoying Summer of Lies very much!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive