Wednesday, March 17, 2021

St. Patrick's Day Parade - Janet Lane Walters 3BWLAuthor #MFRWAuthor #St. Patrick #Parade

 

St. Patrick’s Day On Hold

 



 

Though today is St. Patrick’s Day there will be no parade in NY City or in the town not far from my house. Though I’ve never gone to the one in the city, I understand it’s quite the affair. The one in the town near where I live is also a fun time. I usually don’t go because it’s too cold but I love watching the pictures in the paper and ones friends have taken. I have a trace of Irish in me but not on the green side. Doesn’t stop me from feeling a bit of festivity on that day. Just heard from my daughter that the parade in Savannah has also been cancelled.

 

I think of the stories I’ve been told about the country and of how my great-great came to this country and lived in a town called Fall River, Mass. I also had a chance to visit Ireland and spent a few hours in the town where she was born. A rugged hilly area and a small town tucked among the hills in northern Ireland. The greens of the countryside were stunning and the people friendly though at times I had trouble understanding them. Mr friend had a harder time with the language. I still have pictures from that long ago visit.

 

One of those pictures brings back memories of the collie and how the shephers showed us how the god herded sheep. What a fascinating thing to watch. No voice commands, only hand and body signals were given.

 

I also remember the rapid tour we took with my friend’s mother seeing so many sights and so much green. The Giant’s Causeway was a magnificent sight and the bus ride on the steep road quite a thrill. So this year, I’ll celebrate by looking at some of those pictures my friend and I took without the parade.

My Places

https://twitter.com/JanetL717

 https://www.facebook.com/janet.l.walters.3?v=wall&story_f

bid=113639528680724

 http://bookswelove.net/

 http://wwweclecticwriter.blogspot.com

https://www.pinterest.com/shadyl717/

 

Buy Mark

https://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/

 


5 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the beauty of Ireland. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So glad you got to visit, Janet. Sending love across our Orange-Green divide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vacationed in Ireland in my twenties, with a boyfriend in a horse-driven camping trailer. Beautiful green country, but even in July it was chilly and foggy at night and in the early morning. So much so that we couldn't strike a match to light the stove to make coffee. The Emerald Isle deserves its name, though, beautiful and friendly. I have fond memories of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What delightful memories of your visit to Ireland. Sheep everywhere! Have a great St. Paddy's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to Ireland is on my bucket list. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive