- Canada by Jove is a historical fiction novel about a handsome and daring young Englishman, Bert White, who accompanies his brother, Ernie, on a journey across the ocean to Canada in 1910. They leave England with only a few pence in their pockets, but with their pleasing personalities, musical talents and imaginations, they arrive in Montreal with enough cash to enjoy a few weeks of leisure before looking for employment.
- This novel takes the reader on a journey through the towns and cities of 1900s Canada from the East Coast to the West Coast. Readers experience the hardships that early settlers had to endure, and except for the town of Glory, all the cities and towns mentioned in this book are, or were, real.
- Bert is willing to try his hand at any job that comes his way but he soon discovers that being a cowboy isn’t as romantic as he had imagined and a hobo’s life isn’t enviable.
- In Calgary Bert meets Nell, a pretty young girl who has come from Nova Scotia to stay with her sister and brother-in-law. They marry and after their fourth child is born, they set out on a journey by car for Vancouver—a four month journey in an older model touring car, loaded down with all their belongings and tenting gear, through mountains and canyons on dirt, trail-like roads. The dangers they encounter on this trip are frightening but the scenery and the towns they visit make it all worth while.
- Join this extra-ordinary couple as they build a life and raise a family at a time when the Canadian west was in its infancy.
Chance Cullen has screwed up royally, and he knows it. He’s alienated his mother and sister, and the girl he’s been in love with his whole life, Laurel Rowan. The lure of alcohol calls him, and in the past, he’s found solace there…for a time. But life keeps blowing up in his face.
Chance desperately wants to be a top bull rider, but he needs a sponsor, and he needs to come to terms with taking responsibility and turning his life around. His abusive dad is in prison for a number of offences, including masterminding a dog fighting ring. Chance’s narrow escape from both the law and the unsavoury characters he got involved with through his father, have left him shaken. In his mind, his greatest crime was putting Laurel Rowan in danger.
He knows she doesn’t feel the same way about him as he does about her, but maybe, just maybe, he can win back her friendship. It won’t be an easy road, but Chance is determined to fight his demons. A cowboy needs to know when to cowboy up and Chance figures this is his time.
England 1331. What was it like to live at a time when love was not a reason to marry, and husbands had the right to thrash their wives with a rod no wider than their thumbs? Spirited, compassionate, seventeen-year-old Grace is about to find out if her marriage will be made in heaven or hell? Her mother, Countess of Cassio, arranges for her to wed Jocelyn, Lord Lovat, Baron Montford. Grace knows marriage only founded on romantic notions is unacceptable. She agrees to tie the knot with Jocelyn to increase her family’s prestige and political alliances. Nevertheless, she is terrified of sharing a bed with the stranger she will be wed to on the day after they meet for the first time.
Until she arrives at her bridegroom’s manor, Grace has only experienced unconditional love. She is shocked by Jocelyn’s spiteful, widowed sister, and is puzzled by her own inexplicable power to see auras and know when someone she loves is in danger. Grace is even more troubled when she overhears her former nurse’s deathbed confession about the countess. Unable to decide if Nurse’s allegation is false, Grace is tormented. Fulk, her beloved twin, does not believe it is true. He ensures the other witness, a priest, will not repeat it.
A handsome husband, prestige and wealth are not enough to compensate Grace for the severe trials, including brutal murders, she must come to terms with to find happiness.
Azura Chronicles Book 3
Keoke Mahoe slips through the forbidden planet’s impenetrable defenses to deliver a perilous message. But Lady Valoria fiercely protects Azura. Any intruder, especially one who kills for food, is promptly terminated.
While Valoria admires Keoke’s uncanny ability to cheat death, she cannot trust a spy. What he suggests is unthinkable... and could throw the galaxy into chaos. Yet, could he be telling the truth? She appreciates his audacity, his noble heart, and his smile… to the chagrin of Eris the Amazon, her best friend, bodyguard, and would-be lover.
But in the farthest confines of the galaxy, an old enemy is rising again. People are sacrificed by blood and fire on unholy altars. Malevolent armies are assembling, and this time, even Azura's Avenging Angels may not be able to stop the onslaught of darkness upon all civilized life.
FREE BOOK FOR SEPTEMBER 2021
VISIT THE BWL PUBLISHING HOME PAGE TO DOWNLOAD
Dead Without Honor
Gilda Wright Mysteries, Book 1
The scroll of the Four Possessions of the Samurai holds the key to a deadly mystery…
Gilda Wright thinks she’s landed a dream job as the receptionist at a karate school. Her boss, Sensei Mick Williams, is almost as demanding as he is sexy, but Gilda is inspired by the strength and courage of the people around her. When Gilda finds the body of one of the instructors in the dojo with a sword through his chest, she must find her own inner strength and fast! The police regard everyone in the school as suspects, including her boss, and it’s up to Gilda to find out what really happened. She follows the clues of the missing scroll of the Four Possessions of the Samurai down a deadly path filled with lies, deceit, and poisoned ninja stars. If she doesn’t watch her back, she just may become the killer’s next target.
RELEASES COMING OCTOBER 2021