Saturday, April 2, 2022

April Showers Bring May Flowers

 



or so they say. I'm not so sure about that. After many balmy temperatures in March, April started out cold with snow flurries. I can't say I'm thrilled with it, I'm pretty sure everyone is ready for spring, especially after so many 70 degree days in March. 

Mother Nature played an April Fools Joke on us, I guess. According to the weather report, average temps this time of year are in the 50s. Needless to say, we're about 20 degrees below. But warmer days are coming. We can't stay cold forever, right?

I love spring. It's my favorite season. All the trees begin to sprout new leaves, flowers begin to pop up, and everything just smells fresh. New life, new beginning. 

Who knows, maybe Aunt Beatrice Lulu will speak to me again. She's sure been awfully quiet lately. Not to mention the two other novels I've started and none of the characters are speaking to me. 

Maybe I've just been too busy, but there have been many nights I lie awake, unable to sleep. That's when Aunt Beatrice Lulu used to talk to me the most in the middle of the night. I had to get out of bed because an idea would hit me and I learned a long time ago not to trust it to memory. I had to write it down right then and there. Sometimes it was a line or two of a conversation. Needless to say, once I got up and wrote it down, the story started to flow and I was often awake until four or five in the morning.  Fortunately, I'm retired and I didn't have to get up for a job or anything. Hubby was on the road, so I didn't even have to worry about making dinner or anything. Not that I slept all day. Far from it. Sleep has always been a waste of time to me, still is, but necessary. 

I'll let you know next month if my characters woke up and talked to me. 

You can find my books at: BWL 

2 comments:

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive