Monday, February 13, 2023

Shall We Dance?

 


                                                   more about my books here!


I was delighted when this image was chosen for the cover of my latest novel from BWL because of the dynamic dancing feet of a Cherokee Fancy Shawl dancer.  Here's one in motion at a pow wow...


I love featuring dance in my stories for many reasons.  A dance can prove a vibrant setting for a scene. It can illuminate character.  Who wouldn't be charmed when a confident dancer urges a shy partner out onto the dance floor?

It can be a springboard to romance. I grew up delighting in Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers musicals of the 1930s that were playing on television in my childhood a generation later. Wow, I was transported into another world of glamor and spectacular dancing!

My parents met on the dance floor in those 1930s and were champion Peabody dancers well into their 80s. Their complementary moves and in syncopation were, to me, a symbol of their 66 year marriage. 

When we invite readers into our stories it's much like being asked to dance... to trust the elements of our writing moves to bring us both to a place we've never been. I'm eternally grateful to readers who have accepted my offers of...shall we dance? 












3 comments:

  1. Eileen, I've loved all your books and I remember the critique nights when we worked on building up the stories. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive