Saturday, February 4, 2023

Unlikely Love Lines by Julie Christen

Look for all the love lines in your life, as well as the ones you will read in Nokota Voices coming in April.
Check out my BWL Author page


Unlikely Love Lines by Julie Christen

  When I stop to think about it

       love lines surround me     every day. Appearing in 

unlikely places. They smack me in the face. Or go unnoticed. 

    All shapes and sizes. All intents and purposes. Soft and silent. 

  Laugh out loud or lamenting. Shy or certain.  

                       Quiet or clarion. Day in, day out.

                                 They all say love. 

If I listen.


From Nokota Voices:
  Hike up your big girl panties and quit the waterworks,
said my dead grandma.
    
  Prairie’s patient, golden gaze said, “You are not alone.” 
  
 “Paisley, we try to live a simple life here. Sustain ourselves as best we can. 
 In the meantime, we attempt to do good things.” She looked at me square on. 
 “What are you good for?” (Aunt Bert)

From My Love:
  
   "Yes, Honey. I will build you an outhouse."
   "Thanks for not being a pain in the ass."
   "I'm not going anywhere."

From Me to My Love:
  
   A packed lunch every morning.  
   "Yes, Honey. Let's go to the hay auction, again."
   "Let me read to you."

From My Friends:
  
   "I miss you."
   Silence, together.
   Laughing 'til our faces hurt.

From My Pets:
  
   My little Paisley's amber eyes gazing up at me like I hung the moon.
   RainyDay's dark, soul-filling pools and snuffling, velvet muzzle.
   20 mini t-rex chickens running for joy straight to me, mobbing me for treats.
   "Purrr, prrr, prrrr ..."

Can you hear your love lines? 

2 comments:

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive