Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Importance of social media by Joan Havelange

 

Click here to purchase Joan's books

https://bookswelove.net/havelange-joan/ 



The Importance of Social Media~ Joan Havelange

It is important to let readers know you have a book ready for them to read. If you don’t use social media, readers won’t know. And you might as well leave your manuscript in a desk drawer. I post my mystery stories on book club pages.

I belong to many, many book clubs. It is a great way to see what readers are reading. And for me to find new authors and old favourites.

And I also have an author page. Where fans can comment on my posts.

At the end of September, I was fortunate to have an interview with an online magazine. Astoria Magazine. I posted the magazine link on my page. Many wonderful people read the interview and posted how much they liked it on my page. Which was wonderful. I clicked like and replied to each comment.

Facebook shut me down. Suspicious activity on my page. I appreciated their vigilance. But of course, the activity was me. And I was able to activate my account. So, no problem, right?

But the kicker was. I was put on probation for 8 days. I was not allowed to post on any book club page. This was a problem for me, as my new thriller, ‘Moving is Murder,’ was released on October 1st.

How do I let my readers know that ‘Moving is Murder’ was launched and ready for their bookshelf? Luckily, fellow BWL authors Betty Anne Harris and Yvonne Rediger pitched in and promoted my new thriller. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. Thank you, ladies, for filling in for me and promoting my thriller. Authors helping authors, the writing world is a great community.



3 comments:

  1. Just don't post too many times seems to be the rule. Glad you had help in spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since FB banned me for a few days for posting too much. I try to stay under their radar. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faceless robots run our lives... ARRRRGGGGHHH! Thanks for sharing, Joan.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive