Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Holidays to the Rescue!

 It was the first Friday in November, and I was still exhausted from the constant onslaught of negative news, when I saw a Holiday Open House sign at a florist/gift shop. I decided I needed a lift, so I pulled into the parking lot and walked into the store.

The minute I stepped into the warm cozy inside from the damp chilly outside I could feel my stress melting away. "Jingle Bells" floated gently through the air, snowmen, ornaments, bells, and other holiday decorations and gifts peered out from every shelf, table, and tree.

A table laden with free hot cider, miniature muffins, and tiny cookies lured me to that corner of the room. I sipped the cider, nibbled a muffin (and then a cookie, I couldn't help myself), and the rancor of the election year all but evaporated, replaced by the spirit of the holiday season. I continued to sip and nibble as I browsed, and selected a couple of small, charming gifts that I know will bring a smile to the friends for which they were chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive