Saturday, April 6, 2024

Do You Sort and Eat M&Ms by Color?

https://books2read.com/Her-Scottish-Legacy


I’m so glad winter is over and the days are getting longer and warmer. I have spent my winter down the social media rabbit hole, answering questions on lists to see what I know, what I eat, where I’ve been, how old I am based on pictures of my youth, who I know and if I’m smarter than a fifth grader.

I will admit that I don’t answer online because nobody really wants to know whether I open my Oreos and lick the frosting while getting a tattoo, but I mentally answer and sometimes put my score in the comments section. I’ve found that you have to read the start-up sentence carefully, because sometimes it says “one point for each thing you’ve done, eaten, gone or recognize”, but sometimes they try to trip you up with the phrase “Never have I ever…”.

And while I try not to, every once in a while I read too much into the question. For example, “one point for every food you eat.” Does that mean the ones I like to eat or ones I’ve sampled but won’t eat again? (That’s definitely where liver comes in.)

The travel lists pose a similar problem. If it says “one point for every country (or state) you’ve visited”, what exactly constitutes a “visit”? Do you have to have stayed the night; eaten a meal, or can potty breaks as you drive through count as a visit?

I like the lists that give you extra points for more information. Take the picture quizzes where you get 1 point for identifying the item (like a wringer washing machine) and an additional point if you’ve actually used one. They should give you 3 points if you know it; used it; and still have it in your house! I think these lists were generated by Millennials, because they usually refer to the items as “antiques” but I never have any problem recognizing every one of them. Does that mean I’m old?

The random lists are the most fun. There’s no rhyme or reason to the items that might include-- have you ever gone zip lining, eaten armadillo, ridden on an elephant (camel). What is the weirdest thing you have seen on a list?

Now, back to the original reason for this post – spring. In honor of the new season, here is a short list of spring type issues. Give yourself 1 point for each thing you have done. If you only get 1-2 points, you’re still hibernating!

*Bought Easter candy the day after so it’s on half price.

*Put away your winter clothes and got out your spring/summer ones.

*Had an indoor egg hunt and the kids only found 11 of the 12 hard boiled eggs you hid.

*Already bought potting soil, seeds and new garden gloves.

*Like licorice jelly beans.

*Actually tried on your spring/summer clothes to see what still fits.

*Started spring cleaning and came across a book you haven’t read so decided to take a “little” break.

If you didn’t get a point for the last one, visit my website at Books We Love: https://bwlpublishing.ca/baldwin-barbara/ . You’ll find all things romance – historical, contemporary and time travel. Just because it’s spring, doesn’t mean you can’t read. Just do it on the porch or out in the yard or park. Enjoy the sunshine.

 

Barb Baldwin, who does sort her M&Ms by color

http://authorsden.com/barbarajbaldwin

 

 




 

6 comments:

  1. Since no points for the last one. I gained one point because i like black jelly beans and also when they cone in whips. Always finding a book I loaded onto my Kindle and didn't
    read. I think there are only a dozen or two of the 800 plus books on my kindle I haven't read. They are mainly ones I won't read ever read more than the three chapters I tried. There was nothing to pull me forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea for a blog! Sometimes it's hard to decide what you want to say. I do not like licorice, so you may have all of mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to incorporate those ideas into a story sometime!

      Delete
  3. Yummy to the black licorice and no, I don't sort my M&Ms by colour - I eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're not suppose to play with food, but when teaching, M&Ms made a great math lesson...sorting, averaging, graphing. The kids loved it because they did get to eat them!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive