Friday, April 19, 2024

M is for (Not Murder) by Helen Henderson

 


Fire and Redemption by Helen Henderson
Click the title for purchase information

I am doing the A to Z Challenge again this year. M could be for murder if you write mysteries. Or M could be for Medraut, the colorful dragon on the cover of Fire and Redemption. While sitting on the glider on the front porch another idea came to mind. M really is for Mosquito.

There are two kinds of mosquitos easily found in the area. The small, almost invisible unless they are in a swarm No See 'Ems and the kind you saddle and ride. Often you never see the No See 'Ems, their presence is made know by the buzzing in your ear in the quiet of the night or the line of itching, red welts.


I have lived in various mosquito habitats including farms, woods and Waterfronts. And for a period of time I lived on a Pacific island in what could be called jungle adjacent. However none were as bad as the area I now live in. According to the experts, the weather here is suitable for mosquitos nine months of the year. I used to have a tee-shirt captioned the New Jersey state bird. And the picture? A long-legged, wide winged mosquito. I swear when their legs are spread clinging against the window, they cover my palm. As I said, saddle them up and ride them. No, wait, that is the dragons I love to fly with.

Whether big or small, now that the warmer weather is knocking on the door, M is for mosquito.

To purchase Fire and Redemption: BWL

~Until next month, stay safe and read.   Helen


Helen Henderson lives in western Tennessee with her husband. While she doesn’t have any pets in residence at the moment, she often visits a husky who have adopted her as one the pack. Find out more about her and her novels on her BWL author page.


2 comments:

  1. I lived on a Pacific island for a decade and remember the mosquitoes. Now, I live in the desert of Arizona, and we only see mosquitoes during the summer monsoon, when we have rain at all. I used to be mosquito bait but no longer. I learned that taking Vitamin B would keep them away, and it does. So, Yay for Vitamin B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pesky mosquitoes! My partner, Ian, says that my Irish blue blood is their champagne, but after reading Vijaya's trick, I'm off to buy some Vitamin B!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive