Friday, May 3, 2024

One Take Jake: Last Call by Jay Lang

 


Visit Jay Lang's BWL Author Page for Purchase Information

 

One Take Jake: Last Call  is the sequel to One Take Jake.

A talented musician turned escaped convict and a misfit thrill seeker find their way South of the border to Seattle, eventually ending up in New York City. Danger and excitement follow the duo as they navigate their way around the big city. With a colorful mixture of characters and some surprising twists, this book took me on one of the most thrilling journeys I’ve been on since the beginning of my writing career.

I learned a lot about New York while penning this novel. From cultural differences to class distinctions to the layout of the land, I had to research the 5 boroughs thoroughly to make the setting of this story believable.  I loved learning about the history of one of the greatest cities in the world. Besides reading online about NY, I also watched a lot of  YouTube videos and virtual tours where I could see all of the famous landmarks, the nightlife hot spots and the pretty parks and walkways in the city. The experience left me with a desire to visit New York one day so I can see all of the sights first hand.

An interesting addition to the novel are the many rock stars and celebrities who not only endorsed the story, but also wrote some engaging quotes as well. (You’ll have to read the book to find out which *stars* are included.)

A central theme highlighted in this novel revolves around the age-old debate surrounding revenge: is it ever justified? It was very interesting to read some of the celebrities opinions on this.

If you decide to read One Take Jake: Last Call, I hope that you  get the same thrill reading it as I did writing it. Either way, keep reading!





Jay Lang



1 comment:

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive