Sunday, September 8, 2024

Falling Asleep by Vanessa C. Hawkins

 

 

 Vanessa Hawkins Author Page

    

As Summer raises its nightcap to celebrate its own passing, I sit on my patio beneath a gazebo: pregnant from Autumn's antecedent wake and hear the howls of ghouls ready to cavort in darkness and under mounds of tawny leaves. The heat of season's spotlight becomes a refreshing gulp of water as the pumpkins grow their heads. And I, amongst the susans and the goldenrod, don my slippers and exhale the climax to inhale a sleepy, cozy, ready to hunker Fall. Happy Monday, everyone. -V

1 comment:

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you are a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive