Monday, September 16, 2024

Spoiled? by J.C. Kavanagh

 

The award-winning Twisted Climb series is available here:
https://www.bookswelove.net/kavanagh-j-c/

What is your definition of spoiled?

There are multiple definitions found in The Canadian Oxford Dictionary but I'll use the one that I'm referring to in this blog: pamper; pay attention to the comfort and wishes of a person.

My definition is similar - but more specific. 

The J.C. Kavanagh definition of spoiled: doing your partner's laundry.

I've always been the 'laundry-lady' and am quite content to wash, dry, fold, and put-away all our clothes. So, after living in our new home for about five months, and after I'd spent the afternoon completing the laundry chores, my partner, Ian, walked in from the garage. He was quite dirty from cutting trails on our property. 

He stood there for a moment, watching me fold the last of his gitch.

"Oh," he said. "You've done the laundry."

I nodded. Yah, I knew where this was going.

Ian smiled his best-winning smile. "I'd really like to wear these work clothes tomorrow."

"Sure," I replied, smiling back. "Yours are the only dirty clothes, so..." I waited a moment. "The machines are all yours."

His smile faded. "Oh," he repeated. 

I watched him retreat to the laundry room. He remained in there for some time and finally came out, looking rather sheepish. Gone was the radiant smile.

"Um... well," he fumbled for words, then took a deep breath. "Which one's the washing machine?"

I burst out laughing.

"But they look the same!" His excuse made me laugh even harder.

Washer and dryer - I guess they do look the same :)

Ah, life with Ian is always fun. (And I will spoil him as much as I can!)

Georgian Bay sunsets on our sailboat.

Keep smiling and don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them :)


J.C. Kavanagh, author of
The Twisted Climb - A Bright Darkness (Book 3) Best YA Book FINALIST at Critters Readers Poll 2022
and
The Twisted Climb - Darkness Descends (Book 2) voted BEST Young Adult Book 2018, Critters Readers Poll and Best YA Book FINALIST at The Word Guild, Canada
AND
The Twisted Climb,
voted BEST Young Adult Book 2016, P&E Readers Poll
Voted Best Local Author, Simcoe County, Ontario, 2021
Novels for teens, young adults and adults young-at-heart
Email: author.j.c.kavanagh@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/J.C.Kavanagh
www.amazon.com/author/jckavanagh
Twitter @JCKavanagh1 (Author J.C. Kavanagh)
Instagram @authorjckavanagh


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this funny moment. I bet life with Ian is never dull.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you are a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive