Monday, October 28, 2024

Halloween, All Hallows' Eve, and Trick-or-Treaters By Connie Vines #Halloween #ZombieRomCom


 Halloween is almost upon us...Black Cats,
Witches Hats, Goblins, Scary Bats, and Pumpkins are all in a row!

I was scribbling a flash fiction story that has turned into a  YA anthology...


This is why I'm venturing into my favorite Halloween Short Captions.

Do I hear a symphony of groans?

Halloween, for me, is harmless fun. Why? Because I have nightmares like a three-year-old. Bambi died off-screen in a cartoon,
I'm still frightened of the dancing mops in Fantasia and the talking trees in The Wizard of Oz (why the flying monkeys don't disturb me, I do not know).

In other words, I'm a sissy when it comes to Halloween.
My heroine in Here Today, Zombie Tomorrow is a vegan who eats chicken upon becoming a zombie.

No blood and gore for me.

No screaming, please!

And no jumping from behind the shrubby or out of a tree...because...well, just because.

Please comment with your favorite :) Halloween Caption.
Or provide one of your own!


Ghouls just wanna have fun!

Don't worry, worry, we're friendly ghosts.

Howl about them candied apples?

Everything's better with a bit of magic.

Bad to the bone.

Bugs and kisses.

He's trapped in my web.

You're a Zombabe.

My favorite: "Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere."  -- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

If Supernatural RomCom is your Halloween treat idea, consider adding  "Here Today, Zombie Tomorrow" to your favorite eBook Reader! 















Wishing You Halloween a bucket filled Treats and
and an eReader Stuffed with Spookie Reads,

Connie Vines












3 comments:

  1. I don't like to be scared either, and I have nightmares when I watch scary movies at night. So, although I enjoy the costumes and the candy, don't jump out of the dark in front of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Halloween costumes and handing out treats to the children who visit the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! The flying monkeys sent me into a noisy crying fit, and I was removed from the theater and given a good shaking for causing a commotion by my Aunt. That's how folks dealt w/kids in the 1950's.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you are a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive