Monday, August 8, 2016

Books We Love's Tantalizing Talent ~ Author J.Q. Rose



After selling our floral and garden center business, my husband and I sold our home and took off in a fifth-wheel camper to see the country. We lived full-time in the 32 foot trailer enjoying all the comforts of home, but not the hassle of being home-owners. We visited areas of the US we always wanted to see and worked at many mission projects.



During this time, I finally achieved my dream of being a writer. I sat at the small table in the camper and wrote freelance articles for newspapers, RV magazines, and online magazines. Seeing my byline on the articles made me happy.



I became accustomed to change while moving around the country in our RV. After ten years of non-fiction writing, I was ready for a change in my writing career. After reading Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich mysteries filled with great storytelling and humor, I was inspired to write my own mysteries.



 In my latest mystery from Books We Love Publishing, I relied on my background as a funeral director’s daughter to create Deadly Undertaking, a romance/mystery/paranormal story with quirky characters in small town situations.



That old adage—“The only thing constant in life is change” is one that’s true. I embrace change and the possibilities that come with it. It keeps life, and my writing, exciting and invigorating.



Please find my BWL author page here. 








Amazon
Deadly Undertaking


Lauren Staab knew there would be dead bodies around when she returned home. After all, her family is in the funeral business, Staab and Blood Funeral Home. Still, finding an extra body on the floor of the garage between the hearse and the flower car shocked her. Lauren’s plan to return to her hometown to help care for her mother and keep the books for the funeral home suddenly turns upside down in a struggle to prove she and her family are not guilty of murdering the man. But will the real killer return for her, her dad, her brother? Her mother’s secrets, a killer, a handsome policeman, and a shadow man muddle up her intention to have a simple life. Welcome home, Lauren!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive