Thursday, July 10, 2014

For Us Oldies.... by Cheryl Wright

As they say, it's a bitch getting old.

But what can you do? For me it's learning to live with my limitations, while at the same time, trying to keep feeling young. (Yeah, right. With three teenagers living in the same house!)

It has recently dawned on me that I'm slowly nudging toward the big six oh. Not something I'm looking forward to, but at least its a couple of years off yet.

Still, I find more and more when I'm making cards that some of the images remind me of my lost youth.  So I was quite pleased to learn there's a stamp company whose images depict those of, shall we say, ahem, later years.

I was quite shocked to discover they've been around for almost 27 years, but I only learned of them just a few weeks ago. Yikes!

Immediately I ordered two of their fun sets, and below is my first attempt at the set I've received so far.








(For those inquisitive minds, the company is Art Impressions, and this particular set is called Party Girls - from the 'girlfriends' range.)

It's probably wishful thinking, but I like to think this will be me and some of my friends in a few years time.  Still having fun, still enjoying life to the full.

(I'll be the one with the blower, annoying the heck out of everyone else!)

I had a lot of fun coloring this image using Copic markers (which are a craft/artist product), despite it taking around forty minutes. I find the coloring process very relaxing, so it's totally worthwhile.

Hopefully, by the time I blog next month, my second set will have arrived. It has a lot more coloring to be done, but I'm certain the result will be worth the time spent.

Til next time,













p.s.  I have a giveaway running at the moment. Go here to check out the gorgeous custom-made keychain you could win. There's also a custom-made necklace up for grabs!

Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

Make sure you join my Facebook page as I run regular giveaways for followers!



10 comments:

  1. I only just learned to color between the lines in my book a few years ago. Thank God, I have writing capabilities or I would be totally useless. *lol* You just keep on coloring. With three teens in the house, you need all the relaxation you can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hilarious, Ginger! Coloring in the lines has always been difficult for me. Thank goodness there's a "Colorless Blender" in the Copic range, which actually lightens and/or removes color. That means I can generally clean up my mistakes!

      Delete
  2. Cute post. Coloring is not my bag. Leave that to the grandchildren. Pushing 60 is young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never into coloring Janet, until a year or so ago, when I realised it could enhance my cards.

      Unfortunately it's an expensive hobby...

      Delete
  3. Nice post, Cheryl. This is great how we're getting to know more about all the authors here on the blog. We agree with Janet, pushing 60 is young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't feel that young. My three teenage grandchildren certainly keep me on my toes, but sometimes I feel closer to seventy than sixty!

      I try to keep that old saying in mind - you're only as old as you feel. (Sometimes I feel like I'm thirty again, but it doesn't last long. LOL )

      Delete
  4. Hi Cheryl,
    Great post. Wish I was only pushing 60, I am sliding down the other side rapidly.
    You are so clever with the cards, the ones you make exquisite. I have some of your work sitting on my book shelf.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I love making the cards, it's so relaxing, but most of all, I love seeing the look on people's faces when they open the envelope.

      Happy Birthday for today, even though you are on the wrong side of sixty. LOL

      Delete
  5. I love cards making Cheryl! And, this one is looking fabulous! Now heading to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rita, I had no idea you were into cards. We need to talk cards next time we see each other!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive