Saturday, December 29, 2018
Ringo Starr and the Truth About an Octopus Garden by Karla Stover
The idea for the song came about when Starr was on a boat belonging to comedian Peter Sellers in Sardinia in 1968. He ordered fish and chips for lunch, but instead of fish he got squid (it was the first time he'd eaten squid, and he said, "It was OK. A bit rubbery. Tasted like chicken.")[2] The boat's captain then told Starr about how octopuses travel along the sea bed picking up stones and shiny objects with which to build gardens.[3] Starr's songwriting was further inspired by his desire to escape mounting hostility among the Beatles; he would later admit that he had "just wanted to be under the sea, too." Uncredited assistance in developing the song's chord changes was provided by Harrison, who can be seen helping Starr work the song out on piano, with Lennon later joining in with drums, in the Let It Be documentary.[
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
As most experienced authors will tell you, their characters become old friends and much of the book is nothing more than recording their c...
-
https://books2read.com/b/Jillian-of-Banff Barnes and Noble Amazon September means seven. I know. I hear you. It’s the ninth month. B...
-
To order your copy of this award-winning series, click on this link: https://www.bookswelove.com/shop/series/the-twisted-climb I'm pre...
-
People, at least most I know with, don't realize how much goes into being a e-published author. My family thinks the time I spend ...
-
Please click this link for author and book information One thing I like about writing short stories is the chance to explore genres and ch...
-
A common belief in most of Asia is that of reincarnation. After we die, the eternal soul reincarnates into another body. Some believe in m...
-
We all know about black cats and their associations with “witches” and bad luck if one happens to cross your path. But what about bla...
-
When did you decide to become a writer? It's a question I am asked at every book signing and speaking engagement. Becoming a writer was ...
-
Azura Chronicles series, Byzantium series, Blue Phantom series, different takes on the Azura Universe amazon - B&N - Smashwords back l...
-
Recently I saw a wonderful musical from the early fifties, "Showboat." Whenever I mention this movie to a friend, I invar...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are now live if we don't have a lot of spam they'll stay live, if we do they'll close again so spammers don't waste our time or yours