Monday, August 24, 2020

Featured Author Janet Lane Walters


http://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/



Where to begin?  Hi, I’m  Janet Lane Walters and I’ve been writing for a very long time. My first sale was a short story published in 1968. I’ve gone on to have more sort stories published and when the market dried up, I moved to writing novels. Actually a rejected story set me off. An editor wrote “This sounds like the synopsis for a novel. Learning how to write novels took several years. The first one I wrote was published after 16 rejections with many suggestions from editors and making revisions, the seventeenth time the novel was purchased. That was in 1972. Also had several poems published and four non-fiction books.

Calling myself an eclectic writer, there’s a tendency to dabble a bit in my writing. There are contemporary romances, paranormal romances, alternate world romances, some that combine history with the present day, more reincarnation than time travel. Also among the mix are cozy mysteries, one medical suspense. Also there are two YA series, one for teens and one for a bit younger age written under J. L. Walters for four of them. I tend to jump around when I’m writing and sometimes a series is shelved for a time when a new idea pops into my wild imagination.

Another cover or more to show my eclectic writings. For details and purchase information visit my BWL Author page: http://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/




  

My home is in the scenic Hudson Valley about thirty miles from NYC, on the west bank of the river. I just realized the house is 100 years old and has changed much since we bought it about forty years ago. I can see the river from the upstairs window in the winter when there are no leaves on the trees. Married to the same man for 50 plus years but recently a widow. There are four children, the youngest daughter is an adopted black girl. The children have given me seven grandchildren. Four are black and three are Chinese. The eclectic sort of runs over into the family.

I’ve had many hobbies in the past including knitting, needlepoint, cookie baking, Yoga, composing music and Astrology. Of course there’s reading. That’s been my hobby since I was three and received my first library card. My grandfather taught me how to read.

My Places



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive