Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Friends and Lovers, by J.C. Kavanagh

 

The Twisted Climb

Book 1 of the award-winning Twisted Climb series


Ah, friends and lovers. So many friends. So many good friends.

Wait now. I meant friends and lover. Just the one. He's all I need.

Back to friends. Life has been topsy-turvy lately dealing with family health issues. It's said 'you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.' Whoever made that statement is absolutely correct.

My friends have been so supportive of me while I deal with family health issues. Some of these issues have, quite frankly, left me traumatized. That's where my good friends have come to the rescue. Wow, I didn't know I was loved so much and by so many. I am truly blessed. Their care and concern has propped me up in ways I can't quite describe. And I'm a writer!

But back to the title of this blog: Friends and lovers. Lover, actually, as I said before. He's my lover, my partner, my best friend of 18 years. He's been my rock, my adviser, my listener, my I'll-love-you-no-matter-what, kind of man. Again I say, I am blessed.

I've learned now, more than ever, to take each day as it comes. To love and keep on loving. To be truly grateful that I have another day and my family members have another day, and, God-willing, there will be another day after that. 


After the storm:
Hog Island, the North Channel

A Bright Darkness

That's the tentative title of Book 3 of The Twisted Climb series and it's the final chapter of the dream world/Un-World adventures. You're probably wondering - the Un-World? Where the heck is that? And - oh dear - why are Jayden, Connor and Max summoned there? More details to follow in upcoming blogs.

Until then, stay safe and keep on loving.


J.C. Kavanagh, author of 

The Twisted Climb - Darkness Descends (Book 2)
voted BEST Young Adult Book 2018, Critters Readers Poll and Best YA Book FINALIST at The Word Guild, Canada
AND
The Twisted Climb,
voted BEST Young Adult Book 2016, P&E Readers Poll
Voted Best Local Author, Simcoe County, Ontario, 2022
Novels for teens, young adults and adults young at heart
Email: author.j.c.kavanagh@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/J.C.Kavanagh
www.amazon.com/author/jckavanagh
Twitter @JCKavanagh1 (Author J.C. Kavanagh)
Instagram @authorjckavanagh


6 comments:

  1. Nice post. Good luck with the final book in your series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Janet. I find that writing from the heart is cathartic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't choose the family you're born in, but you can make your own friends/lover family. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.S. Positive thoughts bring positive things :)

      Delete
  4. So glad your friends were here for you in your time of need, JC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Vijaya :) BWL authors are part of my extended family.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive