Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A Good Man Is Hard to Find


                                         Find lots of good men in my books: here!


I love celebrating good men in my novels... whether it's teen-aged Tad Gist of my Linda Tassel Mysteries, struggling with coming of age in a new place, but sure of his love for Linda, or Rowan Buckley of Mercies of the Fallen and Ursula's Inheritance-- a Civil War soldier who changes his son's diapers, to Luke Kayenta of the Code Talker Chronicles, who honors his Diné Navajo heritage, his country, and the woman he loves.

I am so fortunate to have had a great dad. Here is is with his first daughter, my sister Marie... Can you see the delight in his eyes? Marie was born during World War II and he had to wait a long time to meet her.



My children have a great dad, too. Here he is with our youngest...

And again, a few years later...

Our son has taught me there are many ways to be a man. (Happy Pride Month, by the way... I love coming out as an ally of our precious LGBTQ+ children!)



Here's to good men everywhere, may your life be blessed with many...





 

4 comments:

  1. I remember all your books. For some of them I was in on the very rough drafts. Your heroes are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the good men in your books and in you life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This world needs more good men as heroes. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vijaya is right. The world needs more good men!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive