Friday, June 28, 2024

Bubble Baths and the Creative Process By Connie Vines #BWL Author Blog #Bubble Baths #The Craft Of Writing

I am not ashamed to admit that I prefer baths to showers.


Nor will I apologize for having a trove of scented bath oils, perfumes, soaps, and lotions. (Which could rival the numbers stored in Cleopatra's 'still undiscovered tomb.')




  Research will show that the psychology of bubble baths is related to the calming effect of warm water and effervescent bubbles. This soothing environment can help reduce stress, promote relaxation, and improve well-being and tranquility.

It also allows creativity to flow. 

Acting as a reality buffer, I can either silence the world's workings or give myself permission to indulge in 30 minutes of "What if..."



I'm not one to surround myself with candles, dim the lights, and sip chilled wine. Why? Because my heroines' quirky humor and life experiences originate with me.  

I'm all in for a bit of free press coverage. 

However...

"Local author's hair catches fire during a wine mishap and drowns bathtub." That isn't what I had in mind.

Music, scents, tactile sensors, colors, fabrics, foods, and even the weather can trigger memories of experiences that enrich the writer's ability to create a story. 

A story readers will love.


Please visit my BWL author page https://bookswelove.net


my Website https://connievines-author.com

Follow me on FB, Twitter, and Instagram.

My books are available online via the BWL webpage, blog, and website. And other online booksellers.


Happy Reading.

Connie Vines












 



2 comments:

  1. I also love baths, to relax the muscles and soothe the soul. But, of course, I was raised in France, that's my excuse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, bubble baths. Those two words conjure up a smile!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive