Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe for Fun by J.Q. Rose

Deadly Undertaking by J.Q. Rose
Mystery, paranormal
Click here to find mysteries by J.Q. Rose at BWL Publishing

Hello and welcome to the BWL Insiders Blog! 


Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe for Fun
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe for Fun by J.Q. Rose

March is the month of shamrocks and leprechauns. It's also the month of waiting. Waiting for the sun to shine up north, the winter weather to wind down, the March Madness college basketball frenzy to begin, and for that first glimpse of spring to show up in your yard.
 

Needless to say Up North in the USA, folks are worn out with the horrible record-breaking snowstorms and floods. (I'm sure many of you reading this post are feeling the same about winter.) So let's have some fun today and bake a cake, a unique chocolate cake.

This cake is extra special because not only is it a tasty cake, but it also makes fudge sauce to top off ice cream so you can enjoy cake AND a hot fudge sundae all-in-one. Now, what's more fun than a hot fudge sundae? My favorite!



Ooey-gooey Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
Courtesy of Starr Roan
How lucky I was to come upon a recipe in my Church Ladies Cookbook. In my experience, all the best tried and true recipes are found in these cookbooks. No bowl or beaters to clean up after putting it together because it is mixed in the pan. Finish the process by pouring hot water over the batter and put the dish in the oven. Yeah, really! 
Caution: Be sure to use a large enough dish and place it on a piece of aluminum foil just in case the sauce boils over out of the pan.

Here's the recipe! Thank you Starr for sharing this in The Fruit of the Spirit Cookbook, Fremont United Methodist Church.


Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe

Step 1 in the Recipe
1. Stir the following ingredients together in an ungreased 9 x 9-inch pan.
1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt


Step 2 in the Recipe
2. Add the following ingredients to the pan.
1/2 c. milk
2 T. oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix with a fork until smooth.

Spread evenly in pan. 
Step 3 in the Recipe
3. Mix together 1 c. brown sugar and 2 T. cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.
Pour 1 3/4 c. hot water over batter. Do not stir.



Step 4 Place the cake in the oven and check it as it bakes for 40 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon cake into dishes and top with ice cream. Spoon extra sauce from pan over top.


Ta-dah! Be sure to let it stand for 15 minutes.
I must admit I didn't take a picture of the hot fudge sauce topping on the cake and ice cream. I didn't even think of it until my card-playing group had cleaned their plates!  

Have you made this cake? Did you like it? Do you like chocolate cake? Let me know in the comments below. 

I hope this recipe has added some fun to your March day. 
Thank you for stopping in.
***
Author J.Q. Rose

Click here to connect online with J.Q. Rose


6 comments:

  1. Though I'm not much of a chocolate person, I just might try this. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, it's not a fudge chocolate, so not real intense chocolate flavor. How about vanilla ice cream with the sauce? YUM!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmm, sounds delish! I've copied the recipe and will try it soon. I love the old-fashioned way you wrote out the recipe -- so like the way my mother and grandmother wrote out recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL--old-fashioned way? You mean step by step? Yes, there are so many steps and I wanted it to be clear. If you make the cake, let me know what you think. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - can't wait to try this:) It reminds me of my grandmothers recipes...one of my father's favorites - and ours too. Thanks so much for sharing JQ:)

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive