Sunday, July 19, 2020

Celebrate Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor's Porch Day!


             

Terror on Sunshine Boulevard by J.Q. Rose

Rescuing a naked woman lying in a geranium bed? Investigating mysterious murders? 

These are not the usual calls in a Florida retirement community for volunteer first responder Jim Hart.

Click here to find more mysteries by J. Q. Rose at BWL Publishing



Zucchini
Image by congerdesign from Pixabay 
#SneakSomeZucchiniIntoYourNeighborsPorchDay

Celebrate Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor's Porch Day!
by J.Q. Rose
Be ready! Zucchini season is here in our part of the world anyway. And the zucchini in our garden is flourishing. I look at them and think YUM, zucchini cake, bread, stir fry, casserole. Then I realize it is impossible to use up all of the fruit on the vines. But then, I recall a fun way to get rid of it--National Sneak Your Zucchini IntoYour Neighbor's Porch Day is on August 8. (I imagine this year we will be sneaking around and leaving zucchini everywhere way before August 8.)

Be ready to duck if your neighbor catches you at it and throws the zuke at you!

Zucchini is good for you. It is low in calories and high in fiber and water content so it keeps you satisfied after enjoying the green fruit. Recipes abound with yummy ways to prepare it. My friend, Carole, collected fifty recipes years ago using zucchini, There Must Be 50 Ways to Fix Your Zucchini (with apologies to Paul Simon.) She includes recipes for pickles, relish and jam, pancakes, fritters and frittatas, bread, soups, stews, meatless dishes, meat entrees and desserts! Whew. What a versatile food! Go ahead and Google zucchini and see how many recipes you will find. Try one to change up your menu and enjoy!

Do you like zucchini? Would you throw it at me if I snuck some on your porch?

Click here to connect online with J.Q. Rose.







4 comments:

  1. Never been much of a lover. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janet, me either, but I do love zukes in cakes and bread. Thanks for your faithful attendance on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were my neighbor. I'd love some zucchini, especially those big ones, not the tiny ones you get at the store. I love it grilled, fried with garlic, or mashed. Heck, I love it just about anyway. My friend used to grate it and put it in freezer bags, just enough for bread and during the winter if she wanted zucchini bread, walla, just take a bag out of the freezer and she was good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never throw it away if someone left in on my porch, but would wonder how the heck it got there. Love zucchini and my mother used to stuff their big brother which we called marrow--delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive