Saturday, May 7, 2022

A Little Help From My Friend by Eileen O'Finlan

 



My cat, Autumn Amelia, has developed a new interest - my writing. Or more specifically, anything I'm doing on my laptop. Lately, whenever I'm working she insists on joining me. I'll be typing away, totally "in the zone" with my writing, oblivious to everything around me when suddenly an adorable furry face appears, obscuring part of my screen. She sidles up beside my laptop to take a peek at my work. If she approves, I get a head bonk. If not, a pair of white paws appear on the keyboard to help me out.

I must admit this can be rather bothersome at times. Helpful as she may think she is, the sudden emergence of a long string of random letters across my screen can be a bit disconcerting. Worse is when she hits backspace or delete and I lose what I've written. Once when I left my laptop unattended I came back to find that everything on the screen was upside down. I had to call a techy friend to walk me through putting it rightside up again. It took several steps so I've no idea how Autumn Amelia managed to get it into that condition in the first place. She's obviously very talented.

Lest you think I could ever get mad at her, check out this face. No one could get mad at this face!





Autumn Amelia behind my laptop plotting the right moment to "help" with my writing



She's been known to do a little proofreading, too.










4 comments:

  1. Cats are marvelous beings. I miss mine who as a kitten sat on my shoulder while I wrote. Love your stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I babysit my granddoggie, she often comes to sit beside me on the couch with her head on my lap while I write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat went through such a phase. Now, in her old age, she can't jump on my desk anymore, so she gets up on her hind legs and gets my attention by pawing my desk chair.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive