Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day by J.S. Marlo

 

Seasoned Hearts
"Love & Sacrifice #1"
is now available  
click here 

 

 
The Red Quilt 
"a sweet & uplifting holiday story"
click here 

  



Today is Mother's Day!


When my kids were young, they drew cards, made me a gift, a cake, and breakfast in bed (sometimes with their dad's help). I still get cards and gifts, but nowadays, it's my granddaughter's drawings that end up on my fridge, not my kids' cards.

According to RetailMeNot, these are the Top Six Mother's Day Gifts for 2022:


- flowers: 47%

- chocolate: 36%

- gift cards: 29%

- dinner: 26%

- jewelry: 22%

- beauty products: 19%


I think books and wine should have been somewhere in there LOL


And here are my Top Three:

- hugs & kisses

- phone call

- family dinner


Did you know that more phone calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year? These holiday chats with Mom often cause phone traffic to spike by as much as 37 percent. 



To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!!!


Now I'll go call my mom.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

JS

 



 
 

5 comments:

  1. Phone calls and visits from grandchildren are the best gifts. Books are next or gift cards for books. I enjoy your stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think books and wine should be on that list. Thanks for sharing this survey. I was never a phone person. How about emails with pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emails with pictures work too, Vijaya. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your Top Three! Priceless gifts indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive